[Bro] Problem changing restrict_filters

sangdrax8 sangdrax8 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 11:14:30 PST 2014

I think I have the issue resolved, but I can't give more than a guess as to
what was wrong.  After not being able to update this I decided to delete
one worker node and just completely re-install it.  After doing this, it
still returned the same restrict_filter (which it shouldn't have ever seen
before).

I noticed that even after stopping the process through broctl, there was
still multiple processes running on the node.  I rebooted the machine, and
installed a second time. This time everything seems to be working as
expected.

My only guess is that it might have something to do with trying to do an
update rather than a restart.  The first time I attempted this, I did an
install to push the change and then an update.  That didn't appear to work
so I tried restarting.  After I rebooted my node I have always just been
doing install followed by a restart to pull in the changes.  Since doing
this my changes seem to apply correctly.

Wish I had something more definitive, but maybe it will save someone some
time.