[Bro] 2.1 file analysis logging in 2.2

Mike Hamilton mhamilton at 21ct.com
Fri Feb 21 06:43:31 PST 2014

I'm fairly new to Bro, but had a question I was hoping to get answered.  I've combed documentation and source code, but can't quite get to what I'm looking for.

I believe in 2.2, the file analysis engine was modified such that the HTTP, SMTP,etc. file analysis logs were merged into a single files.log file.  Some of the guys around the office thought they remembered a presentation back in August on being able to configure Bro to still report files in the 2.1 mode.

Am I way off base, or is there a way to do this in 2.2 to report like 2.1?

Thanks,
Mike