[Bro] Bro Signatures

Vlad Grigorescu vladg at cmu.edu
Sun Feb 23 06:57:27 PST 2014

Bro isn't a signature based IDS. While there is a signature framework, it's not used for large scale signature matching as your e-mail seems to imply. I'd encourage you to review some of the documentation and training material on bro.org to get a better understanding of Bro. If you have any specific questions at that point, we'd love to hear them and help you with them. Of course, it'd be useful if you could give us more than the weekend to reply to you before sending another e-mail...

  --Vlad