[Bro] Question about Controller Framework

Alexander Tsankov antsankov at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 15:47:49 PST 2014

Hi, I am trying to work with the bro control framework and I had two main questions about it:

1) Is it possible for one BRO script (Script 1) to send a request to another BRO script(Script 2), possibly on the same device , and for Script 2 to return a list of all of its local/global variables without Script 1 having known about any of them?

I am working on an SDN project and my goal is to have a BRO box running a master script and whenever I send a generic bro script to the box, I am trying to get the new script  to return a list of all variables to the master bro script(script 1), and from the master script, send it back to the original sender.

2) Is it possible for Script 1 to modify variables on script 2 on the fly?

Any help is appreciated.

- Alex