[Bro] Running Bro on Mac OS X 10.8.5

Arthur Wong awong5 at mail.ccsf.edu
Mon Jan 27 11:43:10 PST 2014

Thanks Jon.

Since the .dmg are for 10.9, I attempted install Bro on 10.9 and still got
same error.

I installed MacPorts, then install libmagic, and then install the Bro Mac
package.

It is possible that I am not installing one of these correctly.

To run Bro, I ended up setting the MAGIC environment variable:
export MAGIC=/opt/local/share/misc/magic.mgc

I did this from the terminal, but is there a config file that this can be
put into so I don't have to remember to set MAGIC variable every time use
Bro?

Thanks - Art

--
Art Wong