[Bro] get more information from a SSL certificate?

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Tue Jan 28 06:01:50 PST 2014

On Jan 28, 2014, at 5:18 AM, Jessica Smith <jes.smith.bro at aol.com> wrote:

> is it possible to get the "Certificate Signature Algorithm" and "Subject Public Key Info" from a X.509 certificate?

Unfortunately our current analyzer doesn't extract much information from certificates.  Bernhard has been working on some changes though that ultimately will split the X.509 code out into a file analyzer which the SSL analyzer will pass certificates to.  He's also greatly expanding the amount of information extracted from certs.

So, no, that information isn't available quite yet.

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro.org/