[Bro] A question on barnyard2 integration

James Lay jlay at slave-tothe-box.net
Tue Jul 29 09:14:50 PDT 2014

On 2014-07-29 09:26, James Lay wrote:
> Ok actually two questions:
>
> 1)  I'm not able to get this to load with either:
>
> @policy/integration/barnyard2
> @integration/barnyard2
>
> And from barnyard2 docs:
>
>   alert_bro

>   Purpose: Send alerts to a Bro-IDS instance.
>
>   Arguments: hostname:port
>
>   Examples:
>     output alert_bro: 127.0.0.1:47757
>
> How do I set the port that bro listens to?  Thank you.
>
> James

Ok I've got this loading now with the below in local.bro:

@load policy/integration/barnyard2

tail: loaded_scripts.log: file truncated
   /usr/local/bro/share/bro/policy/integration/barnyard2/__load__.bro
     /usr/local/bro/share/bro/policy/integration/barnyard2/types.bro
     /usr/local/bro/share/bro/policy/integration/barnyard2/main.bro

The next bit...how do I tell bro to open a listening port?  Thank you.

James