[Bro] A question on barnyard2 integration

James Lay jlay at slave-tothe-box.net
Thu Jul 31 07:56:46 PDT 2014

On 2014-07-29 19:24, Seth Hall wrote:
> On Jul 29, 2014, at 9:13 PM, James Lay <jlay at slave-tothe-box.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Ah crud...had the Barnyard2::LOG line added on the production box,
>> but the @load policy on the dev box 8-|  Just one of those days I
>> guess...thanks again Seth.
>
> No problem.  I wouldn't even complain if you documented your
> experiences with this stuff somewhere. :)
>
>   .Seth
>
> --
> Seth Hall
> (Bro) because everyone has a network
> http://www.bro.org/

Thanks Seth.

So far I haven't been able to get this to work.  Everything seems to be
functioning, but I don't get any snort data into elasticsearch (I do get
conn.log data though).  Info below:

installed brocolli
recompile barnyard2 with ./configure --enable-ipv6 --enable-gre
--enable-bro --with-mysql --with-tcl=/usr/local/lib and I do see
"checking for broccoli... yes"

local.bro:
@load frameworks/communication/listen
@load policy/integration/barnyard2
@load tuning/logs-to-elasticsearch
redef LogElasticSearch::send_logs += {
         Conn::LOG,
         Barnyard2::LOG
};

redef LogElasticSearch::server_host = "x.x.x.x";

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address
State       PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:47757           0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      25340/bro

barnyard:
output alert_bro: 127.0.0.1:47757

from runtime with -v:
alert_bro Connecting to Bro (127.0.0.1:47757)...done.

But all I see is conn.log info...no barnyard2 data.  Not sure what else
to do at this point...thanks Seth.

James