[Bro] Bro hanging on some sensors

Doug Burks doug.burks at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 03:55:40 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Kellogg, Brian D (OLN)
<bkellogg at dresser-rand.com> wrote:
> The one consistent thing I see is that when I stop, install, and then start
> Bro, Bro starts ok and all the appropriate logs are created.  If I stop and
> restart Bro again then the only logs I see in the "current" directory are:
> communication, loaded_scripts, reporter, stderr, and stdout.

Yep, I've seen this issue before.  I'm not sure if it's an issue with
the Security-Onion-specific scripts that we load into Bro, or if it
could be an issue with Bro itself.

Has anybody else seen this issue on a vanilla Bro installation (not
using Security Onion)?

--
Doug Burks