[Bro] Script profiling?

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Tue Jun 24 14:01:03 PDT 2014

On Jun 17, 2014, at 11:21 AM, Scott Gibbons <sgibbons at clicksecurity.com> wrote:

> We have added a significant number of scripts.

Could you clarify more of what you mean here?  I've seen lots of extremely inefficient scripts (and written quite a few myself!) and it's very possible you're doing something that isn't generally a good idea for operational use.

> Are there any good script profilers out there that would tell me that I'm spending a lot of time in some script?  I've considered using vTune or some other profiler, but that only gives me second-order profiling information.

Gilbert Clark is doing some profiling work but I'm not sure if that's going to address your needs.  I'll let him comment on his work if he's reading this thread.

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro.org/