[Bro] Memory Consumption

Jason Batchelor jxbatchelor at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 09:43:29 PDT 2014

> At least memory upgrades are just about the cheapest and easiest upgrade
you could possibly do with your system. :)
Very true indeed :)

> Bro typically does consume quite a bit of memory and you're a bit tight
on memory for the number of workers you're running.
Curious what would you recommend for just bro itself? Double, triple this?

> A common problem is that sometimes there will be state tables that grow
too large. If you load misc/profiling then you should have a prof.log in
each of your processes spool directories (they don't log centrally like
other logs). Every so often in there will be an indication of the largest
global variables and you can look at that for a start to see if some script
is just holding on to more state than you'd like it to.

I will definately take a look, thanks for the info!