[Bro] Memory Consumption

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Thu Jun 26 09:49:30 PDT 2014

On Jun 26, 2014, at 12:43 PM, Jason Batchelor <jxbatchelor at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Bro typically does consume quite a bit of memory and you're a bit tight on memory for the number of workers you're running.
> Curious what would you recommend for just bro itself? Double, triple this?

It seems like most people just put 128G of memory in Bro boxes now because the cost just isn't really worth going any lower if there's a remote possibility you might use it.

> I will definately take a look, thanks for the info!

Feel free to ask again if you're having trouble.  We really should write up some debugging documentation for this process sometime.  Anyone with experience doing this memory debugging activity up for it?  Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just the steps and various things to look at to figure out what exactly is happening.

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro.org/