[Bro] Logging to Accumolo?

Kurt Grutzmacher grutz at jingojango.net
Mon Jun 30 08:24:09 PDT 2014

Hi Ben,

We do use Flume for applications we can't extend with Kafka. There are
pluses and minuses for either route but with Bro we wanted to queue
directly from the output process code to avoid the additional IO of disk
read/writes. Adding another processor like Flume also increases the
complexity and potential failure points.

You do give up some reliability of message delivery but it's an acceptable
risk for us at the moment. A good Kafka/Zookeeper environment is
over-engineered anyway and Bro already is a single point of failure.

 Kurt Grutzmacher -=- grutz at jingojango.net