[Bro] PF_RING pfring_open() for Endace DAG

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Tue Mar 11 18:18:37 PDT 2014

On Mar 11, 2014, at 7:01 PM, Benjamin Wood <ben.bt.wood at gmail.com> wrote:

> PF_RING does support the DAG, but you must use the pf_ring library to open the interface with something like pfring_open("dag:dagX:Y") instead of trying to use libpcap.

We don't have resources to do this work and honestly we're going to be taking a slightly different direction with Bro.  However we are in the process of abstracting our packet source interface and if you chose to write a native PF_Ring plugin (when we have the interface complete) you could contribute it back to us for possible inclusion into Bro.

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro.org/