[Bro] [EXTERNAL] Re: Protocols in protocols

Thomas, Eric D edthoma at sandia.gov
Wed Mar 26 11:45:23 PDT 2014

Okay let me use a specific case that exemplifies what I¹m hoping to do.
Take a DCERPC packet that is transported over directed hosted SMB2 over
TCP/IP. The packet headers look like this: Ethernet|IP|TCP|NetBIOS
stub|SMB2|DCERPC.

Taking what you said, I would instantiate the SMB2 analyzer when
processing the NetBIOS stub, and I would instantiate the DCERPC analyzer
when processing SMB2. I¹m willing to do that. So how does one
instantiate/feed data to the inner protocol?
--
Eric Thomas

edthoma at sandia.gov