[Bro] Parsing Modbus packet with Function code 15

Vishak Muthukumar vmuthu at ucdavis.edu
Wed May 14 03:08:27 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am having a problem in parsing the modbus packet with function code 15.

I have a trace file which has a write request to write to coil 0.
But when I monitor that trace file in my bro script, I cannot see the coil
value. It says the size of the coil vector is empty.

The command I use to run the bro script is -
PREFIX/bin/bro -C -r <trace file> <bro file>

I checked the tracefile in the wireshark to make sure that the packets have
the coil data.

I have attached the trace file and the bro script.

Thanks
--

Vishak Muthukumar

Graduate Student