[Bro] String as Vector of Bytes

M K mkhan04 at gmail.com
Fri May 23 10:03:17 PDT 2014

So, according to the docs, Bro stores strings, internally, as a vector of
bytes (and a count). Is there anyway to actually get access to the bytes as
ints or counts in a bro script? Looking at the bro cheatsheet, I didn't see
any functions that could convert a string to any sort of integer related
format. The thing that came closest was bytestring_to_hexstring, but that
still returns a regular string (except with all bytes converted to string
hex). Is there any function I'm missing that converts a string to a vector
of count or something similar?