[Bro] "hash-all-files", er, doesn't?

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Fri Nov 21 07:24:44 PST 2014

> On Nov 21, 2014, at 8:27 AM, Glenn Forbes Fleming Larratt <gl89 at cornell.edu> wrote:
>
> Is there another piece I need configure? Might I be looking in the wrong
> place? Is there any telemmetry I can bring to bear to debug this?

Did you run the "install" command in BroControl?  Running the install command will essentially stage any changes that you've made to scripts so that the next time things start up they are running the changes you've made.  You can imagine if the install command wasn't there it could be bad in the event that something crashed and was restarted while you were changing a script and the one process started running your changes or your script had a syntax error and the process couldn't even start up.

That script should already be loaded by local.bro too so I'm actually kind of surprised that it wasn't already working?  The result is that out of the box, Bro should be doing MD5 and SHA1 hashes by default when run with BroControl.

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro.org/