[Bro] BitTorrent protocol analyzer help

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Tue Oct 7 18:29:45 PDT 2014

On Oct 7, 2014, at 6:24 PM, Nick Pratley <npratley at redhat.com> wrote:

> Curious to know what you mean by bitrot exactly? Was it not complete in the first place, not
> maintained to keep up with changes in Bro itself..?

It had some small issues and hasn't been updated to use the file analysis api internally.  There were also never any 2.x style scripts written for it.

> BitTorrent analysis would be quite useful to me so I'll have a look around. Even if I don't get it
> working I should at least learn a bit about Bro :)

Please ask if you have any questions!  You'll learn a lot about Bro if you do it. :)

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro.org/