[Bro] SSH:ignore_guessers

David Vasil davidvasil at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 05:49:20 PDT 2014

I would like to redef my SSH::ignore_guessers to exclude hosts that I know
will be consistently triggering the SSH::Password_Guessing alert due to
legitimate business processes.  I've tried the following (10.0.0.2 is the
host performing the scanning in this example):

redef SSH::ignore_guessers += {
       [10.0.0.2/32] = 211.11.11.211/32,
       [10.0.0.2/32] = 10.2.2.2/32,
};

in my local.bro, did a broctl check/broctl install/broctl restart, but I
still receive alerts.  I am assuming that the key-value format I am trying
to use is incorrect, but the code only states:

## The index represents client subnets and the yield value represents
server subnets.

How does one set SSH:ignore_guessers like I am trying to do?

Thanks!
-Dave