[Bro] Error: value used but not set (bloomfilter_basic_init)

Xxx, Xxx Xxx.Xxx at Removed.com
Mon Oct 20 11:44:39 PDT 2014

All,

This is my first time using the mailing list so please let me know if I need to follow a certain format when asking questions.

We are trying to set up a Bro 2.3 development server but whenever we run 'broctl check' our SMTP script throws the following error:

Value used but not set (bloomfilter_basic_init)

This is the offending line:

global mail_links = bloomfilter_basic_init(0.00000001, 10000000);

We got the script from GitHub. Looks nearly identical to this:

https://github.com/initconf/smtp-analysis/blob/master/smtp-embedded-url-bloom.bro

It's worth noting that the script runs with no issues on a previous version of Bro.

Any help would be appreciated!!