[Bro] How to turn off -O2 build flags ?

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Thu Oct 23 06:50:55 PDT 2014

On Oct 23, 2014, at 9:11 AM, John Donnelly <jdonnelly at dyn.com> wrote:

> \ How can I turn off the optimization settings when I build bro ?
>
>  I would like to run gdb against a running proc but it gets confused due to optimizations .

You could build with --enable-debug, but that turns on a lot of extra debugging and make Bro run quite a bit slower.

It seems that if you give -O0 as a CXXFLAG when you run configure we're currently appending those values in the wrong order when the compiler runs so you can't override it that way at the moment.

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro.org/