[Bro] How filter machine name registration?

Vito Logrillo vitologrillo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 01:55:43 PDT 2014

Thanks for your reply,
i'll try to explain my problem better.
I'm trying to log all netbios service name registration: as you have
suggested, i've filtered dns traffic on 137/udp port and used a filter for
a specific opcode (Netbios_registration == 5).
In this way, i'm able to log all netbios registrations, but i'm not able to
discern a group name registration from an unique name registration.
Using wireshark, i find this information in an additional record that i
can't see in bro.
For example, using this event

event dns_request (c:connection, msg: dns_msg, query: string, qtype: count,
qclass: count)
{
print (msg$num_addl);
}

I can see the presence of an additional record in the packet (msg$num_addl
=1), but i can't see its value.
How can i do in Bro?
Thanks
Vito