[Bro] connecting to bro with broccoli

daniel nagar dngr7512 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 01:38:58 PDT 2014

> Why are you sending so much data by the way?  You may have approached the
> problem with a suboptimal design

I'm extracting information about HTTP requests/responses going through the
network and I'm using an external database to save some of that data so I
couldn't just use Bro scripting so using broccoli was a nice solution at
that time. If you have any suggestions how I could implement my application
without using broccoli It'd be great.

There is already major overhaul of Bro's communication system underway

Is there a place I can find more information about that?

Another problem I had is that I tried upgrading to Bro 2.3 but I couldn't
receive any event through broccoli like I was receiving with Bro 2.2 no
matter what configuration I was using on the bro client side, should have I
enabled it on the Bro side somehow?