[Bro] Plugins

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Tue Sep 23 07:59:38 PDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 14:19 -0700, anthony kasza wrote:

> I'm curious if anyone has had success with the new plugin structure (for
> the bro binary, not broctl plugins). Has anyone used it yet? If so, what
> have you done?

I've used it, naturally. :) The bro-plugins repository has all the
plugins I've implemented so far. There's also a set of unit tests in
testing/btest/plugins, which can serve as examples as well.

And it's easy to miss right now that there's some documentation on
writing plugins: https://www.bro.org/sphinx-git/devel/plugins.html
(that's not yet linked from anywhere, need to fix).

Robin

Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 *     robin at icir.org
ICSI/LBNL    * Fax   +1 (510) 666-2956 * www.icir.org/robin