[Bro] CVE-2014-6271/ detection script

Hartley, Christopher J. hartley.87 at osu.edu
Thu Sep 25 12:06:32 PDT 2014

We used to do just that on one of our clusters.  Sadly, it did not bear the fruit we hoped…  coupled with an attempt at this exploit, it would certainly yield better results.  I think you’ll find that most attackers working on this are just trying to build a set of vulnerable servers for “phase 2…”  95% of the attempts we’ve seen so far are tying to use icmp as a callback...

Chris