[Bro] Error: cannot determine Bro version

Jerome Taylor jtaylor1024 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 12:59:03 PDT 2015

Re-running "make; make install" does not fix the problem. The error remains..
In what I believe is an unrelated issue, I notice that the file "/usr/local/bro/spool/broctl-config.sh" does not exist; which in turn causes a broken link for "/usr/local/bro/share/broctl/scripts/broctl-config.sh". I temporarily worked around this problem by importing "/usr/local/bro/spool/broctl-config.sh" from a remote serer that was similarly configured. I mention this hoping that it might point to an underlying issue with the build.
 Regards,
Jerome Taylor