[Bro] An assist with file extraction

James Lay jlay at slave-tothe-box.net
Fri Apr 17 10:26:52 PDT 2015

On 2015-04-16 07:04 AM, Hosom, Stephen M wrote:

> For 2.3.2
(current release) you'll want to use the event file_new.

> Note that
in 2.3.2 if you are extracting based on mime_type (most people do) you
will want to verify that the field exists before you actually use it.

[mailto:bro-bounces at bro.org] ON BEHALF OF James Lay
> SENT: Thursday,
April 16, 2015 7:56 AM
> TO: Bro-IDS
> SUBJECT: [Bro] An assist with
file extraction

> Hey all,
>
> The topic pretty much says it...I've
done a fair amount of reading trying to determine the best way to
extract file attachments in smtp traffic. Most of the information I've
found is related to older versions of bro. Can someone point me to a
current resource that will work with the current version of bro? Thank
you.

> James

Thank you Stephen...I really appreciate the advice.

James