[Bro] HTTP plus Compression File Extraction

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Sat Apr 25 22:08:52 PDT 2015

> On Apr 26, 2015, at 12:54 AM, anthony kasza <anthony.kasza at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It's absolutely the most sane case. As usual I have a specific use case in mind. When the gzip contents are corrupted I'd like to attempt to recover portions of whatever was transferred. I'll try to find an example trace...

I may have just fixed the problem recently that you’re seeing.  There is an issue where some web servers don’t set all of the deflate headers correctly and Bro has never dealt with this right, but I fixed it recently, I just have to find where I put it, I don’t think I ever pushed it out to git.

Does this sound like the problem you’re seeing?

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro.org/