[Bro] Conflicting errors when creating a table

Earl Eiland earl.eiland at root9b.com
Fri Aug 7 11:01:13 PDT 2015

Hello.

I'm trying to read in a table where the key is a set.  The Input::add_table operation seems fine with this, but the table declaration fails.  The line "global whitelist: table[set[addr]] of Service_whitelist_data = table(); " generates the error "bad index type (set[addr])"

I can avoid this error by declaring "global whitelist: table[addr] of Service_whitelist_data = table(); ", but then receive the error "Input stream whitelist: Table type does not match index type. Need type 'table':set[addr], got 'addr':addr".

I'm assuming that my type declaration "table[set[addr]]" is incorrect, and that the error message is suggesting a solution.  I've tried a number of type declaration variations: all have failed.  I've also looked through the documentation and input framework examples, but came away empty handed.  How do I satisfy the 'table':set[addr] requirement?

Best Regards,

Earl Eiland,
Sr. Cyber Security Engineer,
Emerging Technologies, root9B,