[Bro] Passing options to Bro plugins from a file

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Mon Aug 10 08:00:59 PDT 2015

On Sun, Aug 09, 2015 at 18:45 -0500, you wrote:

> I'd like to read options into a plugin such as IP addresses, hostnames,
> ports, etc from a configuration file. Looking at the redis plugin for
> inspiration, it looks like I could set types in the bif, set initial
> values in the plugin's init.bro and then redef in local.bro? Is this
> correct? Am I missing anything?

Yes, correct. It's kind of the "normal" Bro way: you define a set of
global options with defaults through the bifs and people can redef
them as they need to. A few of the plugins do it this way, another
example is dataseries/src/dataseries.bif.

Robin

--
Robin Sommer * ICSI/LBNL * robin at icir.org * www.icir.org/robin