[Bro] 100G Bro monitoring technical paper

Vincent Stoffer vstoffer at lbl.gov
Mon Aug 10 08:53:29 PDT 2015

Hello,

As announced at Brocon, we have completed the technical document which
describes the architecture of our 100G Bro monitoring system.  As part of
our project, we created this comprehensive document meant to be shared
widely within the security community:

http://go.lbl.gov/100g

The document begins with the background and design decisions and then
describes the build process including specific part numbers and
configurations.  We also include a review of  performance and a description
of our shunting mechanism, which increases performance by removing large
and long-running flows from analysis.

Please feel free to share this link and the document with anyone and direct
any questions or comments to security at lbl.gov.  A huge thanks to the many
folks in our community who helped influence the design of the system and
this document.

Thank you,

Vince

--
Vincent Stoffer, Cyber Security Engineer
Cyber Security, Information Technology Division