[Bro] Adjusting Bro snaplen caused multiple Security Onion systems to sporadically kernel panic

Kevin Branch kevin at branchnetconsulting.com
Tue Aug 11 17:08:37 PDT 2015

Seth,

Is it still OK to use "redef snaplen = *N*;" in my local.bro file if I want
to drop Bro's default snaplen to save PF_RING memory?  If so, how low would
you say "*N*" can be set to safely when jumbo frames are not involved?  I
got burned with sporadic kernel panics when I set N to *1514*.  I'd sure
appreciate your input.

Kevin

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 10:18 AM, Kevin Branch <kevin at branchnetconsulting.com