[Bro] error when defining an enumerated data type

Daniel Thayer dnthayer at illinois.edu
Fri Aug 14 10:18:10 PDT 2015

In the reference documentation for type "port", it mentions you can
use function "get_port_transport_proto" to obtain the protocol type of
a port.  If you look at the reference documentation for that function,
you can see it returns something of type "transport_proto".
If you look at the reference documentation for type "transport_proto",
you can see it's the enum type that you mentioned.

Now that you know the type, you can declare a local variable like this:

event bro_init()
{
   local x: transport_proto = tcp;
   print x;