[Bro] problem setting default variable value

Earl Eiland earl.eiland at root9b.com
Thu Aug 20 07:40:42 PDT 2015

I’m trying to define a record variable and getting the error “&default value has inconsistent type”.  The line is:
whitelist_l4_protocol: set[transport_proto] &default=unknown_transport      &log;
unknown_transport is one of the values for enum transport_proto.  I’ve tried enclosing the value in quotes.  I get the same error.

I’ve also tried
whitelist_l4_protocol: set[transport_proto] &default={unknown_transport}      &log;
This throws the error “syntax error, at or near “{“.

Please advise!

Best Regards,

Earl Eiland,
Sr. Cyber Security Engineer,