[Bro] Scheduling events are immediatly executed

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Tue Dec 8 08:23:03 PST 2015

On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 15:35 +0000, Jan Muthreich wrote:

> I'm working with BRO and have a problem. I want to use scheduling but
> it doesn't seem to work. Alle tests, that I wrote, are immidiatly
> ready.

One thing to keep in mind for schedule is that it's relative to
"network time", i.e., the packet timestamps in the trace. When you say
100s, it's not going to wait for 100s of wall clock time to pass, but
will trigger the event once the packet timestmaps have covered 100s.
When working offline from a trace, like in your case, that often feels
like "immediately" if the input is short. Could that be it?

Robin

--
Robin Sommer * ICSI/LBNL * robin at icir.org * www.icir.org/robin