[Bro] How BRO's in-built scripts are invoked in a flow one by one(one file after other file)

Aniket Savanand aniketpsavanand at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 19:42:39 PST 2015

Thanks Anthony, Clark for your replies.

I got BRO installed as per
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-bro-ids-2-2-on-ubuntu-12-04

on my linux dual boot machine. Now, I am able to run the BRO using broctl
and  I can see log files generated.
And I played with try.bro.org and saw how bro can capture traffic http,
connection etc.

I have succeeded doing above part only.

Now at this stage, How do I proceed with suggestions you provided?

I got many questions as
( 1 . So as Anthony suggested, to remove @load from these initial
boot-strap files init-default.bro and init-bare.bro.
But how do I that? I mean, where can I locate these files, and how do
modify them to remove @load and make them run, but with  my above
installation.

2. As per Clark suggestion, I saw devel-tools list, but I could not figure
out how do use :
https://github.com/bro/bro-aux/blob/master/devel-tools/cpu-bench-with-trace in
my current installation)

Thanks