[Bro] Fwd: log writer issue

György Miru mirugy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 06:34:21 PST 2015

Hello List,

I am developing a Bro analyzer plugin and I have the following issue. The
analyzer logs events into three different logfiles, one of which keeps
crashing with this error:

Reporter::ERROR    s7data/Log::WRITER_ASCII: terminating thread

This happens before the first event is logged, however the headers are
already written into the logfile. I am fairly new to the Bro development so
it might be some obvious mistake I make, but I could not find any solution
on the internet.

I have attached the following files:
init_part.bro: the relevant part of the script, used for the logging
reporter.log: logfile that contains the error
s7data.log: the logfile that causes the crash
debug_s7data.log: relevant part of the debug.log file, when bro was run
with -B threading switch
strace_4938: relevant part of the strace -f output

When creating the attached logs bro-2.4 was used, but I tested the analyzer
with bro-2.4.1 as well and the problem persists.

I hope someone can point out the origin of the error and help me resolve
this issue.

Thanks,

Gyorgy Miru