[Bro] Memory leak output

John Donnelly jdonnelly at dyn.com
Mon Feb 2 06:15:35 PST 2015

When I use -m -M  options with bro the output suggestions running "pprof"
but the cli args don't work:

 pprof /opt/bro/bin/bro "/tmp/bro.17276.net_run-end.heap" --inuse_objects
--lines --heapcheck  --edgefraction=1e-10 --nodefraction=1e-10 --gv
pprof: invalid option -- '-'
pprof: invalid option -- '-'
pprof: invalid option -- '-'
pprof: invalid option -- 'h'
pprof: invalid option -- 'h'
pprof: invalid option -- 'k'
pprof: invalid option -- '-'
pprof: invalid option -- 'g'
pprof: invalid option -- '-'
pprof: invalid option -- '-'
pprof: invalid option -- 'g'
usage: pprof [-c|-b|-m|-t|-e|-i|-v] [-r] [-s] [-n num] [-f filename] [-p]
[-l] [-d] [node numbers]
 -a : Show all location information available
 -c : Sort according to number of Calls
 -b : Sort according to number of suBroutines called by a function
 -m : Sort according to Milliseconds (exclusive time total)
 -t : Sort according to Total milliseconds (inclusive time total)  (default)
 -e : Sort according to Exclusive time per call (msec/call)
 -i : Sort according to Inclusive time per call (total msec/call)
 -v : Sort according to Standard Deviation (excl usec)
 -r : Reverse sorting order
 -s : print only Summary profile information
 -n <num> : print only first <num> number of functions
 -f filename : specify full path and Filename without node ids
 -p : suPpress conversion to hh:mm:ss:mmm format
 -l : List all functions and exit
 -d : Dump output format (for tau_reduce) [node numbers] : prints only info
about all contexts/threads of given node numbers
root at bro-x64-01:~#