[Bro] Best practice on how to customize an officially distributed script

Luis Miguel Silva luismiguelferreirasilva at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 08:49:45 PST 2015

I haven't given that much thought about how I'm going to capture the mac
addr right now. :o)
My first concern was to understand what are the best practices to customize
an existing stock script.

For instance, I don't know if it is possible to overload / extend other
script's functions? If so, I'm interested in that, seeing as I do not want
to replace / customize ALL script functionality.

Originally, I had thought about running an arp query of some sort (maybe
calling out an external script, which I'm guessing should be possible?)  to
figure out what the mac is for each local ip addr. Is there a more elegant
/ scalable way to do it?

Thank you,
Luis