[Bro] BPF Filter Help

DJ Root dj.root at netronome.com
Mon Feb 9 10:20:36 PST 2015

Michal,

No, there is not.  However, I come from the vendor side and, therefore, don’t want to disrupt the integrity of a technology mailing list.  That said we have Bro running in our lab, so our claims can be supported by real data and demos.

As far as the question below is concerned, we (Netronome) have intelligent NICs and software to do match / action operations in hardware.  We can set-up 5-tuple filtering in hardware which can address Adam’s problem.  Result - BPF is off-loaded from the CPU; Bro is not changed, but now has more CPU cycles to process flows.

Regards,
DJ Root

DJ Root
Director of Sales, Americas East and EMEA
Netronome, Inc.
(617)686-0253