[Bro] Bro 2.3.2-419 segfaults when using PF_RING 6.0.3 libpcap 1.6.2 and pfdnacluster_master on RHEL 6.6

Gary Faulkner gfaulkner.nsm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 08:43:04 PST 2015

As a follow up to the second issue I was seeing. Alfredo (from NTOP)
suggested that pfdnacluster_master was not allowing me to listen with
more than 10 app instances possibly due to the name being too long when
using the long format dnacluster:21 at 10 as opposed to dnacl:21 at 10. Bro
used to work fine with the long name, so perhaps this is some change in
PF_RING. Using the short name allowed Bro to bind workers to dnacl:21 at 10
and greater, but this seems to cause broctl to not call capstats
properly (for a dnacluster). When using dnacluster:21 'broctl capstats'
had some logic that would trigger broctl to call a single instance of
capstats for each worker node as app2 on the dnacluster, where app2 had
a single queue with a full copy of the traffic, so it wouldn't get a 'no
such device message'. This doesn't seem to work when using the short
name version of 'dnacl', and instead broctl calls capstats for each
individual worker and since these are already bound to the app1 queues
there is nothing for capstats to listen on.

Regards,
Gary