[Bro] print statement redirection

Seth Hall seth at icir.org
Thu Jan 8 07:03:37 PST 2015

> On Jan 8, 2015, at 9:47 AM, John Donnelly <jdonnelly at dyn.com> wrote:
>
> That is interesting , but it doesn't really satisfy my curiosity   Does the scripting I/O not use stderr + stdout ? I am interested in getting bro to redirect to syslog by inheriting file descriptors on startup .

Ah, ok.  I didn’t understand where you are trying to get to in the end.  It does use stdout if you don’t send the content off to a certain location.  I take it that you have a script you’ve written that prints?  I’m asking since Bro doesn’t print much to stdout or stderr by default I don’t immediately see the utility of redirecting those to syslog.

The implementation for the print statement can be found in Stmt.cc around line 259.

Seth Hall
(Bro) because everyone has a network
http://www.bro.org/