[Bro] Stats.log Growing Out of Control!!!

Daniel Thayer dnthayer at illinois.edu
Mon Jan 19 21:20:04 PST 2015

Your spool/stats.log file became corrupt somehow, and then you started
getting "stats-to-csv failed" emails every time cron ran.  This was
preventing broctl from removing this file, which explains why you were
seeing such a fast rate of growth in the size of your
logs/stats/stats.log file (broctl cron always appends spool/stats.log
to logs/stats/stats.log).

To fix this, you could just delete the spool/stats.log file, then
you should no longer see the "stats-to-csv failed" emails.

I will improve broctl in the next release to mitigate this problem.
Thanks for reporting this issue.