[Bro] Developing my own writer driver

Luis Miguel Silva luismiguelferreirasilva at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 11:01:16 PST 2015

Thanks John, that is very useful, though I was trying to avoid using an
external import script as that will introduce a delay between the time the
events happen and the registers get added to the DB.

Also, based on my experience, it can be pretty expensive to run an import
script that parses through the data and translates it into insert calls.

Are the text writer logs created in append mode? If so, I could potentially
have an external process that listens for new lines and adds things "in
near realtime".

Out of curisotiy, why didn't you create a custom writer instead?
...simplicity?

Thank you!
Luis