[Bro] Developing my own writer driver

John Green john at giggled.org
Wed Jan 28 11:22:58 PST 2015

On 28 January 2015 at 19:01, Luis Miguel Silva
<luismiguelferreirasilva at gmail.com> wrote:
> Out of curisotiy, why didn't you create a custom writer instead?
> ...simplicity?

At the time simplicity and I had multiple remote sensors with
restricted network connectivity.  I would rsync, or physically
transfer, the completed logs back to a central postgres server for
import and analysis.  Real time alerting wasn't that important.

Getting the data into Postgres did facilitate the writing of some
useful SQL queries to spot odd/malicious behaviour.  If I was doing it
again I probably investigate using Postgres Foreign Data Wrappers
instead.

John