[Bro] Developing my own writer driver

Luis Miguel Silva luismiguelferreirasilva at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 11:37:02 PST 2015

Cool! And since you talked about multiple remote sensors, let me ask
another question that I'm really curious about...

Lets imagine that I have a low end machine capturing traffic and want to
send the prefiltered events into a more beefy remote machine for analysis
and event capturing. Can I do that?

Based on bro's Input framework, I believe I can redirect an entire tcpdump
into it BUT, I want *some* filtering to happen upfront, though the MAIN
processing work should be executed somewhere else.

>From what I understood (based on this architectural description
<https://www.bro.org/sphinx/cluster/index.html>), my low end computer in
charge of the sniffing would run the "manager" code and my beefy machine(s)
would run the workers. Is that how I would set things up?
And who writes the outputs, is it the workers OR do the workers pass the
result back to the manager?

Thank you,
Luis