[Bro] How to configure Bro to detect UDP port 53

Qinwen Hu qhu009 at aucklanduni.ac.nz
Wed Jan 28 15:42:50 PST 2015

Hi all,

Please ignore my previous unfinished Email.

I am a new Bro user, I did few experiments to read the same DNS trace file
via Bro online version and Bro from my personal PC. The version number is
2.3.1.

I got some interesting results. the online version checks UDP port 53 5353
and 5355.
id.resp_p  proto   trans_id  query
5353         UDP     0            sc-cs
53             UDP    533         2.0.0.0.0.0.....ip6.arpa

But, the one on my PC only checks port 5353 and 5355.
id.resp_p  proto   trans_id  query
5353         UDP     0            sc-cs
53             UDP    533          -

Is this a configuration issue? And is there a way that I can configure my
Bro to check port 53?

Thanks

Steven