[Bro] Redis Log Writer

Robin Sommer robin at icir.org
Tue Jul 7 07:55:26 PDT 2015

On Sat, Jul 04, 2015 at 14:51 +0300, you wrote:

> However I don’t know how a client-server logger would fit bro cluster
> architecture;

On a cluster, only the manager is doing the logging, so in that regard
it doesn't make much of a difference. Generally, a client/server setup
is fine for logging.

> Would this be something for which you’d accept a pull request?

I think it would be best to maintain this an external plugin, to avoid
introducing further dependencies into the Bro build. As a plugin, it
should work fine, and if you want, we can include it into our
small-but-growing plugin repository: https://github.com/bro/bro-plugins
(which, btw, has a ElasticSearch writer already, which might be
useful as a starting point).

Robin

--
Robin Sommer * ICSI/LBNL * robin at icir.org * www.icir.org/robin