[Bro] invoking the "protocol_confirmation" event

Earl Eiland earl.eiland at root9b.com
Fri Jul 10 14:08:40 PDT 2015

I'm working on cataloging service-level protocols seen on a network.  event.bif.bro lists "protocol_confirmation: event(c: connection , atype: Analyzer::Tag , aid: count)", which seems to be just the ticket.  However, it is not invoked by some of the protocol analyzers of interest (e.g., MODBUS/TCP).  It is invoked by DNS, but I don't see it in /scripts/base/protocols/dns/main.bro<https://www.bro.org/sphinx/_downloads/main25.bro>.  How do I modify the other protocol analyzer scripts to invoke protocol_confirmation?

Earl Eiland